Monday 14 July 2008

Knocking the crucial pages into shape

Currently I'm replicating the old ASP site in PHP. Once the new site completely matches the current functionality of the old one I'll switch over the live site and then the real innovation can begin.

So far I've managed about 80% of the 'view' page and about 95% of the 'town' page, text and map versions on one page. Soon I hope to tackle the 'edit' page. These three pages are by far the most complex in the site so when they're complete I'll have broken the back of the job.

I have been adding a little extra information on the view page like created and updated datestamps but most of the new stuff will have to wait till the entire site is migrated.

you can see an example of the 'town' page here and click through to 'view' pages.

There's currently a bug on the map which means the last item in the list does not display the pop up info window correctly, that's the next task.

I'd really like to hear any comments on any aspect of the beer engine so please let me know what you think.

No comments: